Enameling Electroformed Organics
Prerequisite: Electroformed Organics
Class Fee $125.00
This class will meet on the following days: (PST – Los Angeles time)
Oct 17, 2021, at 1:00-5:00 PDT – Preparing and Processing Organics
Oct 24, 2021, at 1:00-5:00 PDT – The next steps
Oct 30, 2021, at 5:00-7:00 PDT – Class Follow up Q&A
This class shares a technique I have been working on for a while. Once a component is electroformed it can be enameled like any copper shape. The only difference between an electroformed organic component and a stamped or cut copper shape is the detail preserved within the element. I will share the nuances of enameling electroformed leaves, flowers and shells. Come join me for this exciting new class!
Note: Uses both the Zoom and the Facebook platforms. Students will need a free Facebook account.
How the classes work:
- Classes will be presented in a Zoom format.
- Each class will have its own Facebook Classroom with videos and instruction available at any time — for as long as Facebook is willing to host the page. Lessons only on this page.
- A Facebook Question and Answer Group Page – where we will all interact for 30 days. The page will be archived, and available to view.
- Admission to Terry Henry’s Facebook Student Gallery Group for you to share your creations.
*Equipment not included.
• Electroformed Flowers, Leaves, etc with a substantial deposition of copper
- Thompson medium fusing clear enamel #BC-303L
- Colored Jewelry Enamel for Metal (Optional)
- 1-3 Small three Point Trivets
- Locking Tweezers
Torch Enameling Only
- Firing Rack (minimum 6×6)
- Torch options:
- Smith little Torch with a rosebud head
- Air acetylene Smith torch
- Benzomatic ST8000
Kiln Enameling Only
- Mica Sheet
- Large Stainless Steel Mesh Firing Rack
*Enamel materials may also be found at Enamel Warehouse