Electroforming on Glass
This class is a prerequisite for all other classes.
Class Fee $100.00
Optional – Materials Kit: $40 (shipping within the U.S. included)
This class will meet on the following days: (PDT – Los Angeles time)
July 5, 2021, 1:00-4:00 PDT – Let’s get started – setup
July 11, 2021, 1:00-4:00 PDT – The next steps
July 18, 2021, 5:00-7:00 PDT – Class Follow up Q & A
*Future class coming in September: Not accepting registrations yet, please check back later for dates.
The Electroforming on Glass class is a very basic class that introduces the student to the fundamentals of electroforming and includes everything from how to set up your electroforming tank to the science behind what is going on in the tank. The project for this class is electroforming on a glass bead.
Note: Uses both the Zoom and the Facebook platforms. Students will need a free Facebook account.
How the classes work:
- Classes will be presented in a Zoom format.
- Each class will have its own Facebook Classroom with videos and instruction available at any time — for as long as Facebook is willing to host the page. Lessons only on this page.
- A Facebook Question and Answer Group Page – where we will all interact for 30 days. The page will be archived, and available to view.
- Admission to Terry Henry’s Facebook Student Gallery Group for you to share your creations.
*Equipment not included.
Materials Kit – $40
(tax and shipping within the US included)
Glass Face bead – color will vary
micro beads – .5mm or less (caviar nails)
Students will need to supply these additional items or the equivalent:
- Distilled water or De-ionized Water
- 1 foot of 12 gauge copper wire for S-hooks (big box hardware store)
- Chopstick with skinny end or bamboo skewers
- 2-3 Small containers – sushi dishes, jar lid, cottage cheese container lid…
- Rubber Gloves
- Funnel – dollar store
- Copper Scrubbie
For participants with your own setup, check your paint to be sure it is not too thick. It may be thinned with a bit of distilled water.
Conductive paint may be ordered online from Safer Solutions
Sheet copper and copper wire may be found at ACE hardware stores and numerous craft stores as well as ParaWire
Metal Sheets and Bare Wire.
Electroforming Materials Kit
Rectifier (DC power unit 5 amp)
Conductive paint -2oz recommended size
Midas Bright Copper Electroforming Solution -Item Number: 335074
20-22 gauge sheet copper for Anodes
24 gauge copper spool for hanging project 200’
8 gauge copper wire for tank set up 12’
600ml Beaker-three beakers
Soft Brass Brush
Paint brush-Synthetic bristles
The following are not included:
*Micro Glass Beads
Electroforming kit may be purchased from Microtools